What is Truth?
Perhaps with all the different religions and philosophies of today, you have come to believe there is no real truth. If truth really exists, then no matter what we have come to believe, that truth does not change. For instance, if I believe that one plus one equals three, and you believe that it equals four, have we change the truth that one plus one equals two?
The Bible has something to say about truth…
- The Bible is truth: Jesus said in a prayer to the Heavenly Father, “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy WORD is truth” (John 17:17). It does not matter what anyone says or believes; the Bible is truth
- The gospel is truth: the gospel of Jesus Christ is truth. The Bible says, “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” (1Corinthians 15:3-4). The whole purpose for the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ was the sin problem of man
- Man’s sin problem is truth: The truth is that all men are sinners, and your sin will keep you from heaven. Romans 3:23 tells us that, “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” As well, Revelation 21:8 says, “…all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
- God’s love is truth: God loves you so much that He paid the price for your sins. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Also, Romans 5:8 declaries, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Salvation from sin is truth: You can be saved from your sins. If you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, God will forgive your sins. Acts 13:38-39 makes known that, “through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: and by him all that believe are justified from all things…” Further, Romans 10:9-10 reveals this: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
Will you repent of (turn from) your sin and believe on the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the truth? Pray now and confess your sin to God, and ask Him to save you from your sin. Trust your eternity-bound soul to the gospel of Jesus Christ.